Music Banter - View Single Post - Eminem - Revival
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 08:43 PM   #124 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Are you reading my posts? Popularity is neither here nor there unless you go deeper with it.
Yeah, and I agreed with that. The biggest question would be why is it popular? Initially, if something retains popularity, it has a good reason why. I think we both agree. And it's useless to bring up in personal opinions, we both agree.

Okay, but where you get lost is where I disagree with popular opinions being almost meaningless because you think certain types of fans are musical morons for not living up to your standard of musical appreciation. And you think they can make big enough of a bulk of any fan base to completely dismiss it.

Edit: And I think that statement tries to make it objective and if you want to make it objective I think musical opinion belongs to the masses. Maybe not on something as easily measured as technical ability or something like that, but just on the basic idea of what is good music.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote