Music Banter - View Single Post - Eminem - Revival
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 09:22 PM   #134 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Because you made it objective when saying that popularity shouldn't have much merit because people CAN be musical morons.

And no, we did not establish that. I said, "Isn't popularity the consensus of the people?" And I think you ignored that question. It is by the way. It is the consensus of the majority, that is the definition of popularity. So album sales don't make you popular. You ever been duped into buying a terrible album before? I know a few Eminem fans have been now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Are we using consensus and popularity interchangeably now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
The general consensus or opinion on something would be it's popularity, is it not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I would say popularity is the number of people who listen to them and/or have a positive opinion of them. Fans appreciate music quite differently, so that opens the door to disagreement on what makes the artist great, which would be stepping away from objectivity.
Consensus is agreement on specific elements of an artist. Popularity is much more dynamic. ****.

Again: Are you even reading my posts or are you just trying to man a sinking ship?

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote