Music Banter - View Single Post - from freak fighter to lamp lighter
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 08:58 AM   #278 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

This next one is one of the records that make me such a believer that 2016 took music to new incredible soaring heights. It’s not just the volume of great music but the ease of access. If the streaming services didn’t exist it would leave us with the tree that nobody heard falling down delimma. It’s a perfect storm situation. In 1927, new access to recording equipment allowed for a huge explosion of bottled up Appalachian talent. But there’s never been a elevation of a new normal like 2016. I mean, the same ****ing thing happened in 2017, it’s so pervasive right now you could chew on one year for at least three. Nobody knows the future but I think we’re in a Goldilocks Zone that won’t last forever. Maybe I’m wrong but the internet, the cooperation, the energy resources, the people being alive with the luxury to actually create- it all seems so fragile and potentially fleeting. This may very well end up being the best time to enjoy the genius of humankind that will ever be. We’re lucky to be alive, at the apex, before we collapse under the weight of our own stupidity. In immediate terms I’m thinking about Trump’s nonchalant tweets about unleashing a nuclear holocaust. We have so much potential. We have so much to lose. We have so much to live for. Micro or macro we always seem dead set on destroying life and beauty.

The search engine says Exo is the only one who’s mentioned this artist before. I don’t know. It’s on several critic’s best of lists. I think InnerSpaceBoy would love it. I do.

Spoiler for album art:

Ears by Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith

Dig:
https://kaitlynaureliasmith.bandcamp.com/album/ears

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote