Music Banter - View Single Post - In Case You Forgot About Fun: 100 Pop Albums You Should Probably DL
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 10:35 AM   #41 (permalink)
Blank.
Jacob Sartorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post

Melanie Martinez - Cry Baby (2015)

Tracklist:

Cry Baby
Dollhouse
Sippy Cup
Carousel
Alphabet Boy
Soap
Training Wheels
Pity Party
Tag You’re It
Milk and Cookie
Pacify Her
Mrs. Potato Head
Mad Hatter

Spoiler for Choice Cuts:

Summary

To my recollection, I believe that DwnWthVwls was the first person who introduced me to her music either directly (played a track or two in plug, linked a song etc.) or posted a video/picture of her in another part of the forum. In fact, I distinctly remember somebody posting a vid where she discussed items she collected. Either way, I instantly liked her aesthetic visually and sonically. And she has remained a favourite ever since.

As far as the album goes, I love the discordance between the bubbly sweet production - at least at face value - and the relatively dark subjects she deals with. This is emphasised by the hushed, almost raspy vocals she has. It's a very consistent release that puts you completely in her world throughout, with consistently good songs that sound different enough to avoid overkill. Overall, one of my go-to albums at almost any time I start loading up a queue.

Bip Score:

Spoiler for Extra Curricular:

I freaking love this album! I don't like much in the area of pop but this album is fantastic.
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote