Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 08:28 AM   #9459 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
The partnership will facilitate deeper engagement between artists and fans, empowering users to express themselves through music, share the songs they love and build communities around music-fueled culture. Enabling a variety of features across Facebook’s platforms, the agreement is intended to serve as a foundation for a strategic partnership roadmap that will deliver new music-based experiences online.
What’s your take ISB?

As a person who hates Facebook my initial reaction is negative. Forgetting about how invasive Facebook is, it’s also very unpleasant (to me at least) aesthetically. When I tried it, I hated how it functions and how the programmers are so comfortable boxing users into a design that feels like a prison. I also dislike the way Zuckerberg markets it as this incredible bridge building platform; especially since to me it felt very isolating. I resent the way how not even using Facebook is seen by some as suspicious. And nothing seems to satiate their desire to monopolize how we spend our free time. So the thought of them seriously getting their claws into the way people listen to music definitely doesn’t appeal to me. I already hate what they’ve done to how people share and connect.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote