Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 07:43 PM   #9467 (permalink)
Maajo
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I watched Oprah’s speech today on youtube and was ****ing repulsed. All those rich ****s in clothes that cost more than people make in a year nodding and and tearing up (all actors) as she talks about the little people and the oppression of women. Bitch, your wealth IS the ****ing oppression. Everything about that whole event, the expense, the exclusivity, the shameless display of being among the super haves. They can all **** off and die.
I actually have to agree with this to an extent. While I see Oprah as a more benign/passive source of that oppression, along with most millionaires in athletics and entertainment in that they occasionally have their heads and hearts in the right place, I'm not okay with all of these celebrities suddenly becoming interested in the presidency like they're qualified. At least Jesse Ventura ran and won the mayor of Brooklyn Park before he ran for governor, but these people are talking about running for president when they don't know **** about policy. Also, like you said - these people are all rich as hell just like Trump and all of these Republicans we're supposed to hate. I can't stand the DNC because sadly, they'd probably support her as long as it meant keeping someone like Bernie Sanders from getting a chance to hold neo-lib billionaires like Warren Buffett and Jeff Bezos responsible for anything.
Maajo is offline   Reply With Quote