Music Banter - View Single Post - The Flu 2018
Thread: The Flu 2018
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 09:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
All I can say is that I've been getting the shot for the last maybe four years and I have yet to catch the flu. So I guess it works for me. And for Karen, who has successfully avoided it so far.
**** anecdotal evidence all day every day.

Quote:
I honestly don't get why some of her carers don't get the shot; I mean, if you're dealing with, touching, washing, cleaning, in some cases (though not ours) feeding people who are at high risk of getting the flu, why wouldn't you spend the twenty quid and get the damn shot? Why aren't you required to by your company?
They should be. If it were my company I would make that a fireable offense.

Quote:
What's the point in me getting it, Karen getting it and then her catching it from some carer? Or am I being stupid? If she's vaccinated, is she then proof against if from anyone coming in contact with her?
There's a window where you can still get infected, but once the vaccine is effective (1-2 weeks), your body is immune from those specific viruses (hence the term immunization). As you probably know, there are always multiple strains of the flu, so there is the possibility that you can still catch an alternative strain of flu from what you were immunized from.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote