Music Banter - View Single Post - Vince McMahon Restarting the XFL
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 12:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
Blank.
Jacob Sartorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maajo View Post
Lol, The Little Women Of Atlanta and Jerry Springer Show feature real life politics too, I understand what that's about but you're just strengthening my point that Vince does what he can to keep the show looking as legitimate as possible even though it so clearly isn't. I think we basically agree and understand that it looks fake, and that it is fake, and it seems like you even understand that he's trying to make it look legit. Don't understand why you're arguing if that's the case.
Cause I don't think he's trying to make it look legitimate. I think he's doing whatever he can to make a buck. Vince killed any chance at legitimacy wrestling had way back when to save money on taxes. My point is that he doesn't care about legitimacy and is doing everything he can to make a buck.

Strong Style is something that was developed in Japan by Antonio Inoki. Inoki was both an MMA fighters and a wrestler. He believed that wrestling should be as legitimate looking as possible. He believed this so strongly that he almost ran his own wrestling company into the ground (My journal entry that talks a bit about this). Inoki's old company has recently started to make a comeback pushing the same type of wrestling that's becoming more in line with that style. Vince is merely responding.

If you want to say he's imitating the company that wants to be legitimate, I can agree. But i don't think for a moment any one in WWE is concerning themselves with legitimacy.
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote