Music Banter - View Single Post - A Card for Chiomara
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 08:25 AM   #52 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'd certainly like to send her a card, but would think the idea of getting one from all of us would be better than individual cards. Kind of like when you get a birthday card at work? Nice to see everyone's name on it. This thread was set up (obviously) with that basic idea in mind, so for me, yeah, if anyone wants to write a message and then PM it to Ki and he can write and send the card.

I'd also like to say this is a very kind, thoughtful and generous idea of Ki's. I give him ****, like we all do, but he has to be praised for this idea. Also considering he's only recently returned and probably doesn't know Chio online as well as some of us do, that's doubly impressive. Well done, Ki, and if people decide one card, many messages I'll send you mine. If not, I'll send you a separate message you can put in a single card. If you need money sent on let me know.
Chio and I have actually gotten really close in the last year, even before either of our hiatus's. So this is more of an extension of that and I wanted to allow people to use that as a positive resource. Money is not an issue. I've saved enough in the past couple years that I don't ever worry. So, no worries on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
I think the single card idea is better too. It's probably more economical (I'm pretty much penniless) and it gets a lot of us together at the same time. Maybe Troll can write up something like, 'we're thinking of you', and we can all virtually sign off on it. Heck, just seeing this thread ought to cheer her up knowing we were thinking of her. (Which we are, Chiomara )
As of this morning, she's been doing the best she can. Says she's feeling restless etc which is natural in this type of scenario. She has said she's love for you guys to be updated, so I'm doing the best I can in that regard as I've known her long enough to where I feel it's ok to do so. And she said I could so...yeah.

She also says she'll probably be back here sooner rather than later as she would prefer to have something to keep her mind off of things. So, when she does come back, I would hope you guys would just comfort her as much as possible. She certainly needs it right now and any bit of that would count. Which is again, another reason for me to want to send her some letters.

Last edited by Key; 02-01-2018 at 10:06 AM.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote