Music Banter - View Single Post - Guns N' Roses (Yes and Chinese Democracy, so don't make other threads on it.)
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 08:01 PM   #1050 (permalink)
Lesbian With A Gun
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
The rockstars who really lived the times were Poison, Cinderella, and Motley Crue. GNR were too into taking themselves Led Zep serious to capture the moment. As time moves on, GNR become more of a footnote to something that was already done a million times better. The other bands mentioned were really a part of something fresh and new. Even today, GNR gets this kind of undeserved Aerosmith nod. But the legacy, like the facade, is slowly melting. The purity of Motley Crue especially, make them the real legends.
I beg to differ, I know not of you or any of you or where anyone comes from, but to me, probably trouble waiting to happen, Guns N' Roses saved music with Slash's tone, Axl's voice and their songs.
The other problem with bands were sounding poppy, with power chords and big hair and then modern 80's guitars...

I mean, Slash was right, who else but him back then used one?
I guess all those bands that lived the times back then all thought they were too good for a Gibson Les Paul/wanted something easier to play/wanted a different sound than the tried and tested and true, who knows? Who cares?
I like Guns N' Roses.

(love that guitar)...

Last edited by Lesbian With A Gun; 02-05-2018 at 08:07 PM.
Lesbian With A Gun is offline   Reply With Quote