Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 05:08 AM   #10265 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
Flawed? Sure but you still admit is better than 3. That little difference alone would be enough for me to prefer NV over 3 but if i remember correctly NV had better DLC's than 3 cause the actions you took on those DLC's were reflected in the ending. I think 3 only had 1 DLC that affected the ending.
None of the NV DLCs affect the ending of the main story. They're all self contained. Fallout 3, however, had Broken Steel, which expanded on the ending, and allowed you to keep playing your char after the main story, something you can't do in NV.

And if you place a good story over mechanics, then just go read a fucking book. Gameplay and mechanics come first in games. Always have and always will. They're the whole fucking point of playing games in the first place, the things that make them a unique form of art and entertainment. A fun game with a crappy story can still be amazing. A crappy game with a good story is worthless, since nobody is going to suffer through that shit to find out what happens next. At most they'll just pull up an LP on youtube. And at that point, it's no longer a game. It's a mediocre movie with load times.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote