Music Banter - View Single Post - Celebrities You Hate
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 07:49 AM   #206 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I certainly believe that it was big news in the British Isles, but I'm not sure how massive the global coverage of it was, given that multiple people in this thread hadn't heard about it.
It was on every major news network - USA, Europe, Asia, you name it. It wasn't just Britain. That's the point. Anyway, that's the point. It WAS huge news. Just because you and some people here didn't hear about it doesn't mean it wasn't big news across the world. It was.

Quote:
Ok? Not familiar with the song. I'm familiar with Leicester Square because it's a famous London landmark and I have also been there.
You've never heard of it? Wow.

Quote:
I was listing everything I knew about the subject. That is the opposite of cherry picking.
No, you were only seeing it from your point of view and refusing to accept the points Monkey and I were putting forward. When you said "so Europe is the rule now is it?" that was just silly. Nobody was saying that. There's no real argument here: we're just trying to say that both can be true. Some cities evoke, in some people, the images of sports teams. Some (I would say less - what do you think of when you hear Berlin, Belgrade, Dublin or Amsterdam?) evoke images of music. We actually accept your premise but you don't seem to be accepting that ours can also be true in certain cases.

So it's not "city names always evoke sports teams", it's "sometimes they do, and sometimes it's music".