Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Metal Classics: "Altars of Madness" by Morbid Angel
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 02:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

I'm gonna admit that I used to say Blessed are the Sick was my favorite MA album just cuz I like rooting for the underdog, although I do reeeaaallllyy love that one, but Altars has to get that spot. So Blessed would be number two, and I'd put Formulas confidently in the third spot if not even a tie for 2, cuz it's a totally different animal honestly. It comes through with an even more unorthodox and complex display of musicianship and composition than Altars combined with the spruced up quality giving it a heaviness that surpasses any given ice giant.

so I guess I'd rate it no less than 8/10 and probably their heaviest album if we were to theoretically weigh them.

I need to better acquaint myself with Covenant if we're being real, Domination is cool but kinda eh for an MA release though not without some interesting elements, Gateways is Domination-esque musically but better in every way and mad heavy (not on par with Formulas heaviness), Heretic has sucky production and is a little whack sure but I always thought it had a certain cryptic charm, I've never even listened to a full song from Illud and I don't see that ever changing, and Kingdoms is a musical return to the mid era style but nowhere near as excellent so it's just solid.
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote