Music Banter - View Single Post - Hip native american music thread-
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 06:23 AM   #27 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ Nice to hear that you haven't abandoned us, Alien Life Form. There are plenty of threads where people just post what they're listening to, list their favourites in a genre or something like that. As you may've noticed, plenty of content-free posting as well, so don't feel daunted !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Getting back to Indigenous, this tune covers a nice little spectrum of being a bit of a summery tune with some 3rd stone from the sun sprinkled in. Not borrowed riff for riff, but nuances of it while still keeping their own songwriting identity:

Some time in the early 00's a bunch of us had tickets to see them, along with a bunch of other bands in a "Concert In The Park" kind of series they were running at Grant Park in Chicago. We all got a citation for having a beer in the park outside the venue, which was ridiculous. Most of us paid the citation, but a few just said screw it and ended up owing hundreds of dollars after accumulating late fees over the course a year or two. That was the only time I've seen this band and I don't remember anything other than owing the city of Chicago a lot of money. They were at the top of their game too around that time. Kind of a shame really. I might get out to see them this summer though, since they'll be here in June. I need some reconciliation.
^ Drinking beer in a park! You were obviously quite the bad boy back in the day, Plankton! I hope you get to see the band in June - partly for the music, partly to get closure for your traumatic past.

Nice bit of blues noodling on this Indigenous track, plus some interesting pics which prompt me to recommend again the movie PowWow Highway :-

And here's a cross-over curiosity; two Americas meet in this song for kids:-