Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 11:36 PM   #15076 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sane Psycho View Post
So, I made a friend at work the other night when we started talking about music. It was nice to finally find someone in this town who has such good taste in music. Well, last night he let me borrow a demo CD of an album he's working on. Just a cheap CD-R with no song titles or album title as of yet. To be honest, I wasn't expecting too much, a decent demo at best. To my (pleasant) surprise, it's actually really ****ing good. Some of the songs are folkie indie stuff akin to the Shins. I can also hear a lot of Beatles, Beach Boys, and Byrds in the vocal harmonies. There's also some Big Star style power pop, and several songs have a classical and symphonic element to them. There's even some synthpop on the second half of the album. One track, no joke, even sounds like Kurt Cobain singing for Depeche Mode or Eurythmics. As weird as that sounds, that's a compliment. He told me he played in a band prior to working on this album, and the experience shows. But what really amazes me is the production. I could be wrong, but I'm going to assume he's working on a limited budget. The thing is, it doesn't sound like it. The production is lush and vibrant. It sounds professional all the way, showing what one can really do with a small budget. Once he releases some songs online and releases the album, I'll have to share some of it with you guys so you can know why I fell in love with it. It probably sounds like I'm trying to advertise something, but I assure you I am in no way affiliated with his music. I'm just a guy who appreciates a great pop album.
Pretty much none of those descriptions sound like something I'd enjoy but I'm curious anyway.
So yeah, post some stuff when it's available. I might not even ban you for promoting it.