Music Banter - View Single Post - White Shaming
Thread: White Shaming
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 12:48 PM   #242 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Curious what you think America could do to "truly acknowledge" it's racist history. Last time I checked there were no slavery deniers like you have with the holocaust. Black history month is a thing (even though it's stupid), affirmative action exists, etc.. People are still alive from the time when there was segregation between the races. From what I've seen we have consistently taken steps forward to progress race relations in this country. Expecting some miracle fix in such a short period of time is unrealistic. Also, history does a half ass job presenting our ENTIRE history, not just our racist history. You don't learn alt history until college, which I agree is a problem, but not just because it doesn't cover race issues. I fail to see the point in dredging up the past unless you use it to say, "this worked" or "this was an effective strategy" or "this had a terrible outcome". The past is in the past and does nothing to solve modern issues when taken out of context. History is a tool we learn from, not something you use to point fingers, unless you're agenda is to guilt people into getting what you want instead of actually resolving issues.

I have no anecdotal experience of people taking criticism and turning it into an attack on white people. I only see that kind of thing with radical twitter/internet morons that pervert the meaning of movements like "Black Lives Matter" to fit their own agenda.

I've seen you respond pretty reasonably in the past, hoping you can put some more consideration into my position than Elph.
Basically what Frown said. It's generally swept over. I don't think it is a black history thing, it's an American history thing. There were black slave owners, there were also Native slave owners. There were also tons of ****ed up things done to the Natives that should be addressed and talked about. The brutal history of our country is never really taught. The only people that learn about it are the people that take interest in it and have the time and energy to study it themselves. The most I've ever learned about it comes from the internet or through conversation.

I've seen people turn it into an attack on white people before. I've seen it happen unprovoked.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote