Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 06:29 AM   #11402 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
School accused of throwing away students (lunches)

I always thought it was weird that lunch at the school cafeteria isn't free to begin with or that they entice kids to spend extra money ala cart like they should be in charge of budgeting
Everything in school should be free. I hated that elitist ala cart bull****. If it’s not free it doesn’t belong in a public school. ****ing Dominos and Subways and ****.

They used to come to my classroom selling **** for fundraisers. Ice cream or whatever bull**** while I supposed to be teaching. We were forbidden to send them away. I always kept cash on me to buy one for every student. I told the PTA everyone gets the same deal in my class. Nobody has to sit and watch another kid enjoy a treat because he or she doesn’t have a dollar or two in their pocket. Some thought I was really kind but others said you’re not teaching them about the real world. As if poor kids don’t already know about the real world.

Nobody would have thrown that kid’s lunch away in front of me. Or at least I’d be walking out in ****ing handcuffs and I’ll swear that on Coltrane. Where I taught had 100% free lunch title one anyway. In some districts they do have enough sense to stop taking cash for lunch when so few students can afford it it costs more to pay a cashier. And breakfast, too.

Monday mornings kids would always crowd in for the free breakfast in big numbers from going hungry on the weekend. If you don’t believe it, **** you, it is like that. And still some teachers bitched about kids getting free food. Like how the **** can you object to a child getting fed?

It’s ****ing sickening.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote