Music Banter - View Single Post - Why HTTPS here?
Thread: Why HTTPS here?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 12:02 PM   #31 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Unless this is fixed those posts will look and read like ****. It’s huge blank spots all over the archives. Unless it’s a random drop in the listening now threads everyone tossed in some info. Stating oh I was insightful enough to accompany my vids with indicating text doesn’t change ****. If the old encoding system is restored and the videos reappear then great. But if it’s just like for here on use this way and all that is lost completely ****ing sucks. It’s a deal breaker.
Yeah everyone's journal(s) will look ****. It's not just that the videos won't show up, it's as Hawk says, spaces that look bloody stupid all over the place. Someone new coming in here will think, what the **** was with these guys? Imagine archaeologists from the future trying to piece together our society without YouTube videos. I'll be damned if I'm going back and replacing all mine with links, but it will look awful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
They're rolling out new internet compliance rules in the EU that affects any site with users in that area.
I don't quite understand that. I mean, we're using videos that are freely available on YouTube, so what's the problem? Copyright? Fair usage? Hotlinking?