Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 04:11 PM   #11856 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
It's not about calling out racism.. please explain for an idiot such as myself the racism found in the tweet I quoted.
The part where she compared a black woman to an ape. There is a very long history of racists comparing black people to apes or monkeys in an attempt to dehumanize them. This is really common knowledge. I'm sure Roseanne Barr is well aware of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
People should definitely call out things that are racist.. People shouldn't call out every offensive comment and turn it into an opportunity to show everyone how they are on the side of minorities.. All I get from this is ABC saying "look at me, I'm on your side black people".

Who's calling out Roseanne for tweeting "Christian Morons + Planet of the Apes = Judge Judy"? The one way street of who youre allowed to voice your opinion about without being exiled says a lot about how bad we don't want to participate in a practical and productive dialogue about race.
I see this as ABC protecting their public image and thereby their bottom line, since a large percentage of the American public is not fond of racism.

I have no idea what you're talking about in your last paragraph. I'm not aware of Roseanne making the comment you're referring to.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote