Music Banter - View Single Post - Is violence ever the answer?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 09:10 PM   #166 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Where does your moral foundation come from?
Well-being. I stated this and asked you to consider for conversation sake that we agree that morality is concerned with well-being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
but that the right choice is the one that leads to less harm is a subjective moral position in itself

it doesn't stand on being reasonable, it stands on the values of the user

there are many other values besides least amount of suffering including things likes freedom, truth, justice, etc
We can make evaluations about any scenario and determine objectively what is best for well-being. There are a finite number of responses to any situation and some set of those have to cause less harm than others. I agree morality doesn't stand on being reasonable, that's justification. Morality as I'm using it is concerned with well-being.

Quote:
idk many people who would find it reasonable to butcher any healthy man that walks into a hospital because his organs could save 5, in other words
Well that's a false equivalency, the man isn't going to die. You can certainly make a case for justified, but definitely not moral.

I provided a video, did either of you bother to watch, or is the 10 or so minutes that I timestamped for you too long?

Quote:
I'd vote for Trump

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 06-01-2018 at 11:56 PM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote