Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you listening to punk?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 07:56 PM   #43 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I hate that too cool to have fun bull**** too
One of my favorite things to do at a concert is just to yell random stupid and/or offensive **** at the stage regardless if they can hear me. Even if the band doesn't hear it the people next to me do and they tend to laugh. I simply don't understand the concept of going to a concert just to hear a band play a song that you could easily just play all by yourself. Just have fun and yell **** or whatever.

One of the most disappointing concert experiences I've ever had was at an Iced Earth show, not because the band wasn't good, but because me and another dude decided we'd start a mosh pit all by ourselves and everyone around us aggressively wanted none of it. If you don't want that then fine I guess, but Jesus Christ none of the other people did anything but stand perfectly still. It's a metal show. You're stupid just for being there. You might as well give a brain dead thumbs up for other idiots who want to hurt each other for no good reason.

Even the guy at the merch stand I asked about it said that mosh pits could start depending on the crowd, and obviously our crowd was a bunch of boring mannequin ****s. I was in my early 20s btw just for reference.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote