Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 08:47 AM   #12311 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

As to the question, are Christians atheist? Well, here's one. I mean, the thing is, all my family were baptised, and when you're a baby you neither have the experience nor the ability to resist. I am a Christian, by definition, and a Roman Catholic by upbringing, but I don't believe in God. Or god. Whatever. I kind of wish He was real, as I'd love to think there's something to look forward to at the end of all this, but I really really doubt it.

At the same time, I'm not so arrogant as to believe that I know everything and can definitely say with total conviction that there is no God. What do I know? Maybe we're all the dream of some frustrated poster on a forum in an alternative universe. Or maybe we're smaller than ants and just think we're a dominant species. Or maybe none of us exist and we're all characters in a play. The point is, there is no way to empirically prove anything about what happens after death, not until someone comes back and gives us the skinny.

But personally, as I say: Christian, Catholic and also atheist.