Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst band on earth?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2004, 08:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Pit-Bull84
Music Addict

Well, if you're gonna go and cry about it, Jibber, here it goes.

Linkin Park: Their guitarist has yet to master his guitar. It sickens me how he gets all this recognition and can't even play anything but his top three strings. Instead of bitching about their childhoods spend in the AWFUL suburbs with all sorts of spoiled little friends, they should take some time to look for the key which would help release their guitarist from his "five fret" prison. Also, ALL of their songs are the same, repetative, "poor pitiful me" formula they're known for.

Slipknot and Ill Nino are in the same boat as Linkin Park, only Ill Nino chose to play the "Our band is different from others because we're hispanic" card. That's a shameful and pitiful move. You should earn recognition through your music, not your ethnicity. It's the same situation that got Eminem famous. I'm making my statement as both a musician and a member of the hispanic community.

Evanescence I hate their vocalist. She throws herself into the typical "abused musician" pile as so many other atists and she's a huge attention whore.

Papa Roach The singer is a complete ass-hole in person. At a show down here in Texas, he tried to pick one of my little cousins friends (who was 14 at the time) as he was talking to the crowd with his idiotic "wigger" speech and size advantage. A most SHAMEFUL display of cowardice. He also treats his band like crap and always tries to make himself look like the brains behind all the music. IT'S A BAND! EVERYONE PLAYED SOME PART

Korn They rely on guitar effects, volume, and an extra guitar string, rather than talent. The singer is also TERRIBLE and a huge bitch.

Mudvayne & Mushroomhead : "Do we really need talent? Can't we just push our teen angst and wear scary looking masks/costumes/make-up?"

Adema: Linkin Park in a different wrapper. They also ruined one of the most beautiful songs ever written: NUTSHELL by Alice In Chains. Don't believe me? Go to the Adema website and hear for yourselves.

I'll finish the rest some other day, me and my girl are headed out right now.