Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Strangest Music/Band/Album/Whatever?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 05:19 AM   #105 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Well, I liked Chula's choice, which connects back to what this guy posted 8 yrs ago:-
Spoiler for some of tone float's recs:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone float View Post

DIAMANDA GALAS
- 1986 - The Divine Punishment
- 1988 - You Must Be Certain Of Devil
- 1991 - Plague Mass
- 1992 - The Singer
- 1993 - Vena Cava
- 1994 - with John P. Jones - The Sporting Life
- 1996 - Schrei X
- 1998 - Malediction And Prayer
- 2003 - Defixiones, Will and Testament
- 2003 - La Serpenta Canta (Live)
- 2008 - Guilty Guilty Guilty (Live)

JANDEK
- Glasgow Sunday - 2005 - 2008 - i8

SHPONGLE
- Tales of the Inexpressible - (2001) - (320)

SWANS
- White Light From the Mouth of Infinity
- Various Failures_ 1988-1992
- Time Is Money (Bastard)
- The Great Annihilator
- The Burning World
- Soundtracks For The Blind
- Love Will Tear Us Apart EP
- Love of Live
- Love of Life_Amnesia
- Greed _ Holy Money
- Filth
- Die Tür Ist Zu
- Cop_Young God
- Children Of God
- Celebrity Lifestyle_Mother_Father

SPACEMEN 3
- The Perfect Prescription - (1987)
- Recurring
- Confusion

ORKA
- Livandi Oya - (2009)

DIRTY GRANNY
- Didi's Son

AUTECHRE
- Amber
- AutOver
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone float View Post
I was to lazy to write a discription so i stole this from AURAL INNOVATIONS , The Musik Von Tone Float album is a collaboration between members of VDO, "VAS DEFERENS ORGANIZATION" Ohm, and Mazinga Phaser. The best description I can muster up for this disc is like the Residents playing minimalist electronic Krautrock. Most of the tunes are primarily electronic driven, but the whole thing still has an exploratory feel. Lots of freaky space synths combine with good fun sounds and all around controlled chaos. My favorite track is "Vapourspace Lookinglass", a sonic journey that is simultaneously disturbXu94dfP5-ing and meditative. Sort of like King Crimson meets Can

Here's a sample of a outfit called "smooth quality excrement" yes that is not a type O that is the name of the band and it's off the album "bird and truck collission" i personaly love this album at full noise not to sure if my neighbores apreciat it as much as i do.

and some vas deferens organization, unfortunatly i was unable to put my favirite track "muz "
on here cause youtube only tacks tracks under ten minutes but this is still a good track to me anyway, hope yiz enjoy them.

As Ozric Tentacles, Phish and Tangerine Dream have also been cited in this thread, I don't think the weird factor is particularly high, and what I have been focusing on is music that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
...is not only sort of weird, but also really good.
I find a lot of free jazz and other stuff too weird to be enjoyable, but luckily listening to weird music is not a competition afaik.