Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst band on earth?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004, 02:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
penelly
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit-Bull84
Well, if you're gonna go and cry about it, Jibber, here it goes.

Papa Roach The singer is a complete ass-hole in person. At a show down here in Texas, he tried to pick one of my little cousins friends (who was 14 at the time) as he was talking to the crowd with his idiotic "wigger" speech and size advantage. A most SHAMEFUL display of cowardice. He also treats his band like crap and always tries to make himself look like the brains behind all the music. IT'S A BAND! EVERYONE PLAYED SOME PART
hmm.... first of all, I agree with you on most of what you say... though I still have a little respect for Linkin Park, just because of their first album. They got a lot of success on it, and now they have just changed teir "new" songs a little.

Coming to Papa Roach, theres something I'm sensitive about, they are perhaps the only band I know that hasn't gone soft or changed their style like Staind, Slipknot and all the other used-to-be-good bands. Okay, so Jacoby Shaddix has a bad attitude towards everyone; big deal!! I have been to their shows two times, and both of them were unforgetable experiences. Yeah, he says **** ya, hate ya and all of that, but before one of the last songs, he says he loves us;the fans, or whoever listen to their music. And they are the kind of band that will actually talk to their fans after the shows, and he was NOT an ******* when he was talking to us.
I'm sorry for whatever you have tried that has pissed you off about him, but try to remember that they are human too. They have to deal with the fact that all sorts of girls **** with them, and then tell the press about it, telling how bad they are! They also have this image, and making music like Papa Roach is all about the image. If he didn't say all those things, everyone would think he had gone soft.

Again, I admit, maybe he should work on his attitude towards his band, cause without them he wouldn't be anything... They have all worked very hard for it. But maybe people should remember to listen to him ALL the time, instead of just when he says ***** you* cause thats not all that is to him.
Besides, he has to be active on stage, jump around and all that, cause the others are very dull...

Oops, this got a little bit long... Told ya I was sensitvie about it....

I respect Jacoby Shaddix, as a singer for his incredible voice (yummy) and for his person; the one he is inside. I can't say that I know him all that well, I have only talked to him once, but try go and talk to him after a show, you'll get an entirely different opinion of him.... I did...
Plus, I think it is a matter of taste and personality whether or not you let him bug you. (I think I sound like an incredibly dumb groupie, but I just love him.. bad attitude or not) Besides, their newest cd rocks..