Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 12:07 PM   #12544 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Yeah, but just watching one of these videos and casting judgement along with twenty other people on an internet forum or news site comment section is just ego stroking so we can feel like pseudo-activists the same as updating your Facebook status for Koney2012.

I've watched plenty of these videos myself and thought or even commented on what a **** this or that person is, but with the constant click bait nature of these shaming videos it's become a sort of loose, worthless subculture that could cease to exist without the world being any worse off.

If anything I'd say the real story is that so many people's "shock and disappointment" show that they are willfully ignorant of these kinds of shamed asshats. Do we really need to be told that people who shout "Nigger!!!" at black strangers are still a thing in 2018?
Sure, that's why I didn't watch the video in the first place. What I'm more concerned about with regards to MB is casual racism slipping by without comment from anyone.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote