Music Banter - View Single Post - Joining a Commune
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 05:00 PM   #28 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

I constantly fantasize about starting my own lesbian spinster witch commune, or, alternately, just creating an isolated yurt village with no particular theme and just letting whoever live there. We would live in hobbit holes (but I'd live in a nearby lighthouse because that's just how it has to be) and have a little farm in the center, and at least 20 dogs and some chickens, and then it'll fall apart once I and probably several others realize that we do not actually know one single thing about farming or homesteading. (And then we die, which is fine) I've considered joining existing communes in the past but I can't bear a lot of new age hippie types (a specific type of new age hippie, I mean-- plenty of them can be fun though) so I'd be fairly hesitant. Unless they were strictly Forbidden from speaking to me and my several miniature donkeys. And this all seems rather nice in my head but not as nice as the idea of living in a cave behind a water fall where I'd make my own goat cheese and play the lyre badly.

I can't remember the name of the dude, but there was/is this one person-- I think he might have been the mayor of some tiny town prior to all this-- started a commune of sorts based around "radical truth" or something and everyone was obligated to get rid of any and all mental filters they had and blurt out whatever was passing through their mind at all times even if it was violent or vulgar or unwanted. Oh, and they were all nudists, too, I believe.