Music Banter - View Single Post - Joining a Commune
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 11:43 AM   #62 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Not for me. I'm a lazy ****er, have a sister who is totally dependent on me (yeah we know TH shut up about your ****in' sister!) and I'm too fond of my comforts. Plus I don't do well with manual labour. On-grid for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Something I've fantasized about for a while now. I just want to escape the rat race and live in a community of individuals who don't want anything to do with modern society and form a community who value people and not consumerism. Pretty vague but I have no familiarity with the concept.

Does anyone have any insights and possibly advice on exiting society and joining a community that isn't a cult?
What would you do without your video games though?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Bruh I can't stand you humans with your bull**** and your obsession with such bull**** as "society" and "Protestant work ethic" (literally the most oppressive concept of modern human society). I ****ing hate yard work but if I have to do that **** and grow crops to eat or whatever the **** and never have to work for a paycheck another day in my life then it would be like a lifelong vacation.
The truth is finally out! Batty is an alien!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Mormonism comes with some weird religious/cult like baggage, so that's not an option.

I can understand the desire to cut down and find a way to live a simpler life. I've had the thought myself. Instead of a radical move like joinging a commune, I've just cut down on certain things in order to have a quieter, more grounded life. I don't ever watch TV at all. Don't have any channels. I don't really watch youtube videos much anymore. Most of my internet time is dedicated to music these days. And I try to spend more time reading books and comics (offline in paper form!), either in silence or with a CD on the stereo. My cellphone also has no internet connection, so I only use it for calls and a rare sms. I also rarely play video games these days.

I know it's not quite what you're talking about Batlord, but I have found that just getting rid of some mental chaff and distractions this way makes for a big difference. Whether it's connected or not, I don't know, but I'm also generally less angry, less depressed than I used to be.
Introducing the new Innerspaceboy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank. View Post
Your descriptions all sound miserable. I'd rather shoot myself.
I'd rather shoot him.