Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 11:09 AM   #496 (permalink)
Key

E3 [EA Panel]

So first off, I'm going to start this off by saying that my little reviews about E3 will be more of my personal take on the panels, and less on the actual and realistic expectations of E3. To put it short, I don't really want to focus too much on what I'm personally hyped for etc because that would be boring and we've heard that a hundred thousands of times before. Instead, I'd like to just talk about the panels and the games that they showcased and perhaps I will also talk about whether or not I'm looking forward to said games. However, unfortunately and not entirely surprising to most, this years E3 has come off to a rocky start. So let's start this off by talking about the EA panel of E3 2018.

So yeah, EA has once again managed to somehow up the cringe fest during their own performance at E3 this year. Not only are the games not even really worth mentioning, you can just tell that within the eyes of every EA employee, there was a little child screaming within them, begging to be let go and hoping people will forget what has happened in the past with them. I honestly tried to get excited about some of the releases they talked about this time, but I would say 99% of what they talked about was either total bull****, or a completely waste of time. They introduced the FIFA tournament stuff, and some more news on Star Wars games, which as we all know EA is just perfect for that kind of thing. Did I mention there was a weird absence of them talking about their huge ****fest that was Battlefront II? Well, don't worry. You can just see in their eyes that they really wanted to talk about it, but didn't care enough to do so.

While EA has become an easy target lately in the gaming industry, it's really difficult to take them too seriously when they show the same exact trailer for Anthem that we have known about for several months. And the only gameplay they showed was during an interview with Bioware, with the screens in the background barely zooming in on actual gameplay. From what I could gather though, this is pretty much a carbon copy of Destiny, but EA is just putting their name on it. The first time I saw the trailer I was stoked, but from what they say the game is going to try to promise, I can't imagine it's going to be anything more than seriously disappointing. I may try it. But I don't hold my breath with games provided by EA. It's usually just a money grab.

Fortunately, even with a rocky start, we have both Microsoft and Bethesda along with Devolver Digital doing their panels today. Hopefully we'll get some juicy news about a lot of games that I'm really looking forward to. And two big thumbs up for the reveal of Fallout 76. Let it now disappoint. You'll hear more on that once I've watched those segments.