Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 08:24 AM   #499 (permalink)
Key

E3 [Bethesda]

Boy, when you expect something to be so great, and you end up being slightly disappointed, it's definitely...well...disappointing. Bethesda had their panel after Xbox pulled off one of their best panels, and...it sort of fell flat.

Bethesda are always interesting to me, because I have a lot of respect for Todd Howard and what he has done with gaming, but although I'm not entirely against the idea of self deprecation and these types of events, I felt like the jokes were a bit too common, and the games they showed didn't really fit the hype for what we were wanting this year. The positives are that we did get a release date and a lot known about Fallout 76 which for me, it didn't disappoint. I'm obviously going to be cautiously optimistic because it's tough to tell what the game will be like from what they showed. However, it does look like it's going to be a **** ton of fun to jump in with friends and take on the apocalypse together. I do like that idea a lot. Which a lot of people seem not to.

The negatives that I felt were more for the small teasers we got for Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6. However, it's nice to know that not only one of those games is on its way, but both of them are on their way and we can expect them in the next year or two. I was not impressed with how many non main series games they're planning. I mean, they have an entire new Elder Scrolls game to be played on a cell phone that looks amazing graphics wise, but why couldn't they put those resources and time into Elder Scrolls 6. They also talked more about Elder Scrolls Legends, and they somewhat jokingly said that they have the best online card game to date. However, I still think Hearthstone is holding that title, and will do for quite some time.

At the end of the day, it's Bethesda. Can never really expect amazingly amazing things every year. But I will add that it was also really cool to see a new Doom in the horizon. I loved their previous title. I played the multiplayer so much in that game, and I'm happy to see that community may be revived again.

I didn't watch Devolver Digital's panel so I've nothing to say about that. So far though, I'd say Xbox has had the most satisfying and terrific panel at E3 so far. It was certainly a good day for games though. I'm pleased.