Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 05:14 AM   #12787 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ Yeah, because a two-line down-time joke between mid-level FBI officials obviously outweighs not only the report's ultimate conclusion that Strzok/Page exchange had no effect on FBI conduct, but in the eyes of voters it will also outweigh the following list of Trump scandals:-

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/o...ls-a-list.html

And since this list was last updated in Feb 2018, there's plenty more to add to Trump's misdemeanors, for example:-

> provokes trade war which almost every ecomonist agrees nobody can win
> insults long-time ally Canada and pulls a"hissy fit" after the G6 meeting
> continues to praise Kim Jung Un, ignoring Jung's record of crimes against humanity
> claims he "won't settle" despite the fact that the Trump Foundation is credibly accused of "persitently illegal conduct occuring over more than a decade"

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________

These lies from Trump aren't the most politically significant, but to me they are among the most morally creepy. By lying about losing friends in the 9/11 tragedy, he is belittling or cheapening the people who have genuine cause for personal grief. Trump's comments are rather as if one of us were to post a lie to Trollheart like, "Yeah, my sister has those problems too." That's how contemptible it is.

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 06-15-2018 at 05:57 AM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote