Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 06:07 AM   #211 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

As [MERIT] says, there are other ways to generate power, but trying to improve one aspect of the environment so often has a detrimental effect on another.

On the topic of Las Vegas - yes, that's a long way to pump water, so the best solution would be to go local. This I'm sure is just a fantasy: put solar panels in the desert around Vegas. As the night air cools, water condenses on the underside of the panels, dripping off to form a gushing river of fresh water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post

So now they seem quite sure, it’s heat and drought

As the trees’ water reserves are transferred to the leaves the trunks become too dry and brittle hold together. Pretty simple. We’d be wise to take heed.
^ Thanks for that follow-up, and for the perfect lead-in for some water conservation advice:

That flow rate of ten gallons a minute for a garden hose is pretty alarming! On the subject of car washes, I am enrolled in a system called R.A.I.N. by which God comes round and washes my car for free.