Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 02:41 PM   #12834 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club will be latest S.D. golf course to close - The San Diego Union-Tribune

*fist pump*

Quote:
It was a difficult loss for Dan Thompson and his fellow men’s club members when the Carmel Highland Golf Course in Rancho Penasquitos closed in March 2015.

As they watched the facility on the west side of Interstate 15 die and become overgrown with weeds, the group of about 75 moved three miles east across the freeway to Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club.

They’ve been happy to have a home, but they’re about to have the grass ripped from underneath them again.

Carmel Mountain Ranch General Manager Kevin Hwang, whose family has owned the course since 2008, confirmed for the Union-Tribune on Tuesday that the course will close after the final putts drop on July 8.

“It’s frustrating. There’s sadness,” said Thompson, who lives near the golf course and owns two other houses in the neighborhood. “When I first heard, it was, like, ‘Are you kidding me?’

“They’re going to stop watering it; it’s not going to be maintained; and it’s going to become a blight on the community.”
Oh dear, you poor things!

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote