Music Banter - View Single Post - Should perma-banned members be given another chance?
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 09:08 AM   #90 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
@TH You won't know if they'll behave until they come back. If they don't, then away they go again.

Rules are bent here all the time. Following them to the letter purely because "they're the rules" is arbitrary. What matters is that the community is happy, not that all the rules are followed blindly. Otherwise, Bat, Hawk, Chula, and I, would've been kicked out a long time ago.

Yes, I'd like to see Sansa and JWB get another chance. If you plugged more back when they came around often, you'd know that they're actually pretty chill.

You're acting like giving a few members one last chance would ruin everything, when realistically only one of two things would happen; they'd either prove that they've learned their lesson, and contribute to the community, or they'd lapse and be effortlessly and painleasly banned.

The fact that you're so staunchly opposed to this quite simple and reasonable prospect, and you're admission that you'd immediately ignore Sansa if she came back, really makes it seem like you really can't let go of all that stuff that happened between you two. You've gotta let that shit go.
Answer my simple questions: WHY and WHY NOW? What has changed? And has there been any communication with either/both in which they've indicated they would "behave", for want of a better word?

I won't be letting anything go, and that's my prerogative. I loathe and despise Sansa like I really don't loathe and despise anyone else, so she is on Ignore even though she's not here and will remain so if she is allowed back. That won't be changing. This isn't about her. You have to explain why you think ANYONE deserves a second chance, after been given, let's not forget, multiple warnings, temp bans and chances galore. People who constantly flout the authority here have no right, in my opinion, to a second chance UNLESS they have stated their intention to change. Otherwise, waste of time.

Anyway it's as always up to the mods, so what I think has no bearing on this. And please stop using the word "arbitrary" incorrectly.
Following them to the letter purely because "they're the rules" is arbitrary.
This couldn't be more wrong. Following the rules that suit you because you want to IS arbitrary. Following all the rules because they're the rules is the furthest thing from arbitary you could get.

And nobody's saying everyone follows all the rules. I've broken some. But when you break the rules, you get warned, or temporarily banned. If you consistently break ALL or the major rules, and ignore warnings and think you can do what you like, you get a permaban. And a permaban should be permanent, otherwise what is it?