Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Video Game Classics: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 09:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
Ninetales
Music Addict

this was the first video game I ever bought for myself and it's continued to be my favorite game and the one ive sunk the most time into by far.

personally I think its story is far more interesting than the newer scrolls games and what it lacks in polish (fighting mechanics, graphics, npc standing still all the time, etc) it makes up for in immersion and personality. this could be a combo of nostalgia and personal preference, but the wildly diverse landscapes and factions are better here. it also does smaller things like no fast travel (and by extension a very well worked travelling system), enemies not leveling with you, an infinite amount of spells and magic (levitating, water walking, jump etc that aren't present in later games always irks me plus enchanting is one of the best parts of morrowind), mortal npcs, amongst others that add up to a much better experience as well.

on top of that axes aren't blunt weapons ffs and where the fuck have the spears gone
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote