Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 05:42 PM   #13377 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Make the hubbub about their corrupt actions. High turnover rate doesn't necessarily point to anything meaningful, especially since there's been a bit of variety for the reasons people are leaving/being removed from their job.
^ Yep, high turn-over rate is a secondary issue. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Quote:
It's disingenuous and does more harm to your side than good when you zero in on non-issues, especially when you have so much to work with. That's why I brought up Obama-era conservatives: being reactionary is not a good move for any political stripe.
^ Turnover has been a non-issue in previous admins, but Trump turned it into an issue when he touted himself as a businessman able to get the best people. Every businessman knows that high staff turnover is an indication of either a poor selection process or poor work environment, and is usually attributed to bad management. It's not a big deal, but I still feel it's worth deflating one of Trump's unjustified bragging points.

Quote:
And no offense man, but it reads like you approach the media without the necessary criticism that our modern times command.
^ Yes, probably true. grindy once posted a really good article about how people get sucked into media-induced anger which made me aware that I was pretty gullible.