Music Banter - View Single Post - Let's Define Personal Stuff
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 02:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I'll try to answer the question.

This isn't about the line for everybody. This is about your line.

This message board, including myself in some regards, is full of immature people, most of which are half your age or younger. The internet is full of sharks. Sharks prey on blood. Internet sharks prey on weaknesses.

Your internet weakness is your undying pride and love for your family. The sharks know this and they'll go after it like bait fish whenever you give them a chance.

If I had a kid and I posted a picture of her/him, the response would be different. My response to that would be different.

There are very few of us who see a picture of your kids and generally feel warmth or nice feelings. The rest of the board sees it as an opportunity to make fun of you.

I'm not telling you to stop doing it because you're allowed to in most fashions but for f*cks sake man, realize this isn't facebook full of your old band buddies and realize that the majority of the board doesn't want to see your family photos. I wish it wasn't like that. I'm indifferent to it. It's nice to hear your family is doing well. The majority of the rest of this board are sharks though.

Stop swimming with the sharks.
It's not just about sharks and stuff.
It's ****ing amoral and disrespectful to one's friends and family.
Other people and their lives aren't one's trophies to parade around.