Music Banter - View Single Post - Let's Define Personal Stuff
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 02:50 PM   #34 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
This message board, including myself in some regards, is full of immature people, most of which are half your age or younger. The internet is full of sharks. Sharks prey on blood. Internet sharks prey on weaknesses.

Your internet weakness is your undying pride and love for your family. The sharks know this and they'll go after it like bait fish whenever you give them a chance.

If I had a kid and I posted a picture of her/him, the response would be different. My response to that would be different.

There are very few of us who see a picture of your kids and generally feel warmth or nice feelings. The rest of the board sees it as an opportunity to make fun of you.

I'm not telling you to stop doing it because you're allowed to in most fashions but for f*cks sake man, realize this isn't facebook full of your old band buddies and realize that the majority of the board doesn't want to see your family photos. I wish it wasn't like that. I'm indifferent to it. It's nice to hear your family is doing well. The majority of the rest of this board are sharks though.

Stop swimming with the sharks.
This is a cold hard slap in the face that I enjoyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
It's not just about sharks and stuff.
It's ****ing amoral and disrespectful to one's friends and family.
Other people and their lives aren't one's trophies to parade around.
This is my bar. Can I not pull out my wallet and show pictures without considering them trophies? Your perspective is ****ed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
Why is it up to the rest of us to define where the line is for you?This just reads as deliberately obtuse, good luck with figuring out a problem that is unique to you.
It seems it's unique to you though. You're the one calling me out so I must have crossed YOUR line. Explain your line to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
And this thread pisses me a bit off to be honest.
You pissed Grindy? Let's take it offline because I'm pissed too. This place often times resembles a kindergarten managed by 3rd graders.

And Plank: I'm gonna shout it out. I'M ABOUT TO BECOME A GRANDFATHER. IT'S AS MUCH ABOUT ME (IN THIS FORUM'S CONTEXT) AS IT IS ABOUT HER. We both happen to be really proud about it and are sharing it everywhere. Pretty sad that this place can't deal with mature life stuff.

I really like this forum most times. I really dislike this forum sometimes.

Exo nailed though.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote