Music Banter - View Single Post - Why do you like Country?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 07:56 AM   #420 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
Actually, I can limit my favorite country music artists to Johnny Cash, maybe some Hank Williams, and a lot of the alt-country (I like Neko Case too). Mindfulness, you'd be surprised at just how many country artists are anything but racist (Johnny Cash and Steve Earle are two names that come to mind). Yeah, there is a lot of right wing attitudes within the music but the exceptions really shine through.
^ Thanks for reminding me of those guys, rubber soul! Actually, Hank Williams Jnr. also has some decent songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Fact: country is the most racist genre.
^ Unfortunately, I don't think that typing "Fact" in front of your opinion makes it true, Frownland. A quick dip into the internet suggests that Neo-Nazi Black Metal prob wins the loathesome title of "Most Racist Genre":-

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-m...musical-genres

Quote:
I dig the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band but most of the other country that I like might as well be folk.
^ Yeah, I downloaded some Nitty Gritty tracks and have them somewhere. Also agree that on the sliding scale between folk, bluegrass and country, I prefer the simple acoustic folky stuff over slick Nashville pedal-steel country.