Music Banter - View Single Post - http://www.musicbanter.com/prog-psychedelic-rock/43615-official-tool-thread.html
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 04:56 PM   #43 (permalink)
Stone Magnet
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent
True, but I'm thinking that an album title like that would probably mark a dramatic shift in Tool's sound, something that is slightly worrisome.

But whatever.
Yeah, "10,000 Days" is a little more trendy sounding than Lateralus and Ænima, but this is Tool we're talking about. I can't see Tool selling out. This album will certainly be a worthy companion of Ænima and the mind-blowing Lateralus. Here's a short review of the new album written up by a partaker in one of the listening sessions for "10,000 Days".

"First few tracks are much heavier guitar wise than lateralus. Staying on pretty straight grooves most of the time 6/4.

Vocals are a lot more likened to APC stuff too.
Then the whole album turns a bit spiritual and you get a lot of tabla and bongo work. HEAPS of intense build ups.

Track 5 or 6 will be the single. Punchy. Catchy and has this awesome Vocal intro.

THE LAST SONG IS THE BEST TOOL SONG EVER WRITTEN.
Electronic drum kit and it's just the most epic thing i've heard."

This could all turn out to be another big April Fool's joke though. Blair posted a ToolArmy-exclusive message about the new album's artwork and track listing, and gave us this link as 'proof'. Take a closer look at the URL and you'll see that it's not Amazon.de, it's a fake page on 'Tooldune.de".
Stillness breathes apex supreme - I walk toward the mountain.

Crowns the sovereic rite to freedom.
Shored the origin forms to a ground accede.
Axiom core of the light shrine flight to shining.
Glows serene to attenuate the space and time.
Stone Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote