Music Banter - View Single Post - So, do I belong here or not?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 09:40 AM   #63 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
^ ftfy
I'm sure if rubber soul put his tears in a Mason jar you would drink them thinking it's moonshine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ If this is your smoking gun, YorkeDaddy, then on the evidence presented so far I agree with the appraisal of MicShazam and Neapolitan. It's not fair to lay the blame for segregated water fountains at rubbersoul's door, but you seem to be painting him as an outright racist regardless. To your credit, you are fair and factual enough to have included in your quote the bit that I have bolded, which rather undercuts your complaint, imo, because it is both uncontroversial and amicable.

To try and get a bit of context, I read on through that hip-hop thread expecting to find some "snide, passive aggressive comments", but instead I found this from RS:-

^ Another inoffensive post as far as I can see, which leaves me wondering why you have any issue with RS at all.
Well we were pointing out that Rubber Soul seemed to be showing subconscious racial bias as opposed to outright racism. Dismissing that out of hand and then trying to pass it off as normal for older folk is exactly the kind of thing that keeps subconscious racial biases around, which can be frustrating even if the person specifically being spoken to isn't necessarily showing any real lack of character, just lack of self-awareness. Especially since well-meaning people like you question whether we're not just imagining things (not a shot at you, just saying). YorkeDaddy is certainly a cock goblin though.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote