Music Banter - View Single Post - Do You/Did You Like Your Job?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 07:48 PM   #33 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
This is hypocritical because I gave Kiii **** for saying he likes his job

But I like my new job. I’m in the kitchen at a high end restaurant. It’s not a chain, obviously. I’m learning so much about food and the atmosphere in the kitchen is like a good school the managers and chefs want to teach you new things. They’re also very kind and patient. And the high level people consult with the low level. It’s not like just formulated recipes. The recipes vary based on availability and the cooks and chefs discuss what they need and what they can do with the next order of food. Compared to teaching it’s very democratic and non-hierarchical. And at least verbally everyone even the dishwashers are treated with respect.

elph I don’t want you think that softens my stance against private property

Maybe it’s only because compared to what I’m used to in education it’s far less oppressive and depressing but yeah I like it there

I don’t want to be there so much or so long but I do feel happiness when I’m there

Compared to teaching where it reached the point that I felt like I’d literally rather die than go to work it’s a huge relief that I can work and not feel like killing myself

I thought it was impossible
Seriously happy for you bro. I know we clashed and I called you some nasty names but I think you really deserve some happiness. This is not a sexual advance by the way, sorry to disappoint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
glad I'm not alone on this
No I can see it. People sometimes ask me what do I do with my time and I tell them oh I write on this music forum, and they say oh, but that's about as far as it goes. I never tell anyone the name, URL or my username. I assume MicShaz doesn't either. Now that would be weird. Unless you wanted them to check out something you wrote...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
01000111 01110010 01110101 01101110 01110100
You're in America! Speak English, dammit!