Music Banter - View Single Post - Do You/Did You Like Your Job?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 12:58 PM   #53 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Love it. Making $10.50 an hour (22K a year). In a busy week I'll put in maybe 5-6 hours of work. When the company got nuked I backed up our entire engineering and doc control data bases which are stored on my D drive as well as our cloud and a redundant external drive. Neither the owner or his wife have a clue what to do with that data so there's my job security. I do the jobs of a half dozen positions (including Linny's old job). Doc control, design/drafting, project management, customer service, operations, and QC. The owner's wife handles all of the money stuff. The owner spends his time on new business development and business relations with the banks and our factories - he's in China right now.

The added bonus is that the three of us (who prior to the nuking were already incredibly close - Sherri use to babysit their 3 girls when we first moved out here in the late 90s) have become like family. The company Xmas party last year was Jeff, Yvette, Linda, and me. (partied at Richard Blais's place downtown). Bill had to be at least $350.

Juniper & Ivy : "left coast cookery" courtesy of acclaimed chef Richard Blais located in San Diego's Little Italy

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote