Music Banter - View Single Post - Should we take this gig? Don't want to sell out.
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 10:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Blank.
Jacob Sartorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
doesn't sound like a sell out sounds like a one off gig to raise money for your original music
I disagree. This is selling out. The question is if they're where they want to be using this. Which this should help with in the long run.

Quote:
I'd have fun with it, maybe if these things become a regular thing, you'll need to evaluate whether you took the easy route, and if it's distracting you from your art
I agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I don’t think Metallica could do a full set of acoustic covers unless they practiced and learned them.

But then again i guess that is what session musicians and tonight show bands do
Literally have seen videos of Metallica doing this. The only person who needed the practice was Lars Ulrich. Everyone else got it on the first try.

I've also seen multiple musicians that were trained in a more traditional manner listen to a song, play their instrument for thirty seconds before having the song down pat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusician View Post
I just don't want people (future clients specially) to get a bad impression of us.
What would they get a bad impression of? That you needed the money? I have a friend who's signed to a label and does these shows all the time. He says it's considered strange for people to not do stuff like this when they're trying to make a living off of it.

You gotta do what you gotta do.
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote