Music Banter - View Single Post - So, do I belong here or not?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 04:33 PM   #173 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
That has nothing to do with anything so I'll just ask you again if you've ever honestly looked into the idea of white privilege without actively trying to disprove it or just watching Youtube videos of people who are trying to disprove it.

If you think that nobody has ever given you a good explanation of white privilege and why it exists then it might be because it's an abstract concept that's very hard to point to with a smoking gun. So maybe you should seek the information and opinions out yourself instead of declaring victory over a concept that is very easy to denigrate by people who have a vested interest in nitpicking it (i.e. white people who don't want to feel guilty about anything).
It's a stupid term.. it implies that white people as a whole have a distinct advantage and all the arguments use specific examples. There is nothing inherently advantageous about being white skinned. It is entirely dependent on where you live. So why not be clear and discuss how white americans have privileges over other minority americans instead of using some lame race baiting generalization? That's really what you mean when you use the term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote