Music Banter - View Single Post - So, do I belong here or not?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 12:39 AM   #241 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I think the point is that DWV doesn't disagree with white privilege, he disagrees with the term. You're all just arguing with a strawman like morons. Way to not make our side look like triggered ***gots.
He disagrees with the term because he thinks white privilege refers to a tribal majority bias which also causes classism when it's just a symptom of it. But white privilege, while it definitely has strong ties with classism and is an over all symptom of the flaws of our current state of capitalism, is not referring to classism, it's specifically referring to the biases America has based on race. Which leans towards whites. Which goes beyond classism. So renaming an issue of a certain race having a bias in their favor to something that tries to obscure the idea it's based on race is dishonest.

It's like trying to rename 'white supremacists' 'racial supremacists' because using the word 'white' makes him uncomfortable. Hell, maybe he does think the phrase 'white supremacist' is race baiting too. I don't know.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote