Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 08:22 AM   #64 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
I was adressing both usages, and how no matter which usage people try to argue with, their arguments are still flawed.

In terms of "natural" being a following of naturally occuring behavior, everything humans do is part of that behavior. The towers we build, cars we drive, sex we crave, are all as natural as ants building hills.

And in terms of "natural" being what people should do, an arbitrary state of selective simplicity/innocence, it's incredibly hypocritical for people reaping the benefits of modern science and technology to draw moral lines in the sand against nonviolent things that are as fundamentally valid as other consensual lifestyle choices. Religious extremism has harmed far more people than homosexuality ever will, yet fundamentalists never seem to think of violent zealotry as "unnatural".
Not what people "should" do, more the generalized commonality among a species. Eating paint chips is not natural human behavior just because some human decides to do it, even with this technicality argument youre trying to use. Do you plan to argue that a lion and an antelope raised in captivity who form a non-predator/prey relationship is natural?

Homosexuality is natural. People who use it in the way your describing are being dishonest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote