Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Band With Crap Musicians
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 08:41 PM   #39 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Magnet
I suppose it once was. All the modern 'progressive rock' bands I've been hearing about are scantily experimental. They seem to be a little too preoccupied with instrumental wankery to even contemplate composing something innovational.
Well, i think there are some progressive rock bands around today who can be truely experiemental, and others who choose not to because they are too busy wanking their asse's off.

Thats the primary reason i dont consider DT to be in the same league as other modern progressive bands like Ozric Tentacles, Porcupine Tree, Sigur Ros, Mr Bungle, Primus, Radiohead, The Mars Volta, Super Furry Animals, Muse, 4/3 De Trio, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, Alon, Anekdoten, Cabezas De Cera, Secret Machines, Chain, Mastodon, Mogwai, Coheed & Cambria, Explosions In The Sky, Frameshift, Flaming Lips, Morte Macabre, Spocks Beard, New Machine, Oysterhead, Nimbus, Pineapple Thief, Psicotropia, Amplifier, Chroma Key, Hidria Spacefolk, The Verve, Negative Zone, No-Man, Oceansize or even Tool...Those bands are actualy being progressive, and their albums dont all sound the same.

Most DT fans who consider them one of the greatest prog bands ever havent really heard much progressive rock, then or now....At first glimpse DT may seem original, then compare them to all the great and imaginative progressive rock bands out today, including those i mentioned, and they are pretty much a dried up piece of poop.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote