Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 09:49 AM   #184 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
I really haven't talked with you all that much on this forum, but I have noticed that you're kind of awesome, and if others are so hung up on roles and expectations that they can't see that, then it's their ****ing loss.
Thanks. I tend to be a hermit anyway, so it's not as if I'd be in daily peril even if I allowed myself to dress like a flamboyant beacon of sin and do whatever (I'd probably need to move to New Orleans for that) -- the frustrating part is just the churning inner turmoil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Whether you ever want to put a label on your sexuality is completely up to you, but it's more important that you're mentally and physically in a place that you find fulfilling. That place might change over time, so it's not wrong to be a sexual nomad (great name for a psych rock band right there) rather than staying in one place for the benefit of someone else.

But, yeah, it'd probably help if you moved out of the deep south. I hear Canada has lots of poutine. And AYAOTD re-runs.
I am totally open to living in someone's shed/basement/attic in Canada or wherever. My next job won't even be paying me enough to live off of, so I'm not attached to anything here at all whatsoever. (But it's kind of hard to plan a move when you want to bring your best friend who happens to have a very sensitive blind cat that needs to be considered)

On the topic of AYAOTD, I still haven't made it past the end of season 4/season 5 because it is so agonizingly, brazenly awful (and not in a fun way like the first two seasons)