Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 08:27 PM   #13999 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
Wasn't that a topic that was discussed tho? I'm genuinely curious because I've read that though he didn't name the president by name, it was still implied that it was the current president that gave him the hush money. But I could be off base.
https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...dollars-2018-8

This also covers a fair amount of ground, but the important piece here is that Cohen didn't start getting reimbursed by Trump for his "legal services" until 2017, long after the election had run its course. Money was actually spent in 2016 by Cohen for a variety of things, plus he was doing a lot of illegal actions (like the stuff with AT&T and others who wanted access to Trump) with his practice on the side that Trump was unaware of, which complicates the situation. If Cohen was seeking reimbursement from Trump, where did he get the money in the first place? They need to prove that Cohen had access to campaign funds or some other source other than his own personal money / assets.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote